Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip is like eating no bake caramel cheesecake in a bowl mixed with apple butter and caramel sauce for a creamy fall dessert. Serve with apple slices or graham crackers.
With the leaves turning colors, pumpkin spice lattes brewing, and crisp apples ready for picking, fall is a great time to take a walk and reflect on life.
Life is funny sometimes. You’re on a path towards one thing, then you find yourself going towards something you weren’t expecting.
Like me moving to a small town to work in the access machine industry back in 2010 (I didn’t even know this company existed).
Or turning my love for developing and sharing recipes into a full-time job.
Or making a cheese ball and ending up with a dip.
People always say it’s the journey, not the destination.
Well as long as I’m on this journey, I’m going to pack along this Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip because it is absolutely addicting.
It’s essentially no bake cheesecake in a bowl mixed with homemade caramel sauce and apple butter to give you the flavors of fall in every bite.
I was going to make a caramel apple cheese ball then roll it in toasted pecans.
However, when I added the caramel apple butter, there wasn’t enough apple flavor.
Should I add more sauce to get more flavor, which means it’ll be too loose to roll into a ball?
I hate when you tell me it’s apple butter but then can barely taste apple butter.
Then I thought, well should I add more powdered sugar to firm it up? The mixture was already sweet with the caramel sauce. Should I really add in more sugar?
I’m not sure what clicked, but I decided it classified as a caramel apple dip because it was good enough to eat with a spoon alone.
I have a spring version with my Strawberry Cheesecake Dip. Why not a fall version?
And that’s how this recipe for Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip was born, making it the perfect fall for dunking apple slices or graham crackers.
What ingredients are in Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip?
To make your caramel cheesecake dip, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Cream cheese: Use a block of full-fat cream cheese (not whipped or in a tub). Using low fat and fat free may result in a watery dip.
- Powdered sugar: Both sweetens and thickens the dip
- Apple butter: Gives the caramel apple dip its apple flavor. You can make crockpot apple butter or buy a jar.
- Caramel sauce: Can’t have caramel apple without caramel! You can use homemade or store bought.
- Vanilla: Brings out the other flavors
How To Make Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip
To make your caramel cheesecake apple dip, in a large mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy.
Scrape down your bowl then beat in the apple butter, caramel sauce, and vanilla.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour then serve with apples or graham crackers.
While you wait, you can prep your apples for dunking. Learn how to cut apples from Culinary Hill.
More Caramel Apple Recipes
Enjoyed this recipe? Check out my other recipes for caramel apple desserts:
For more apple butter recipes, check out my guide on what to do with apple butter.
- 8 ounces (1 block or 8 tablespoons) full-fat cream cheese, room temperature and not cold to the touch (do not sub fat free)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl (with paddle attachment if using stand mixer), beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Scrape down the bowl then beat in the apple butter, caramel sauce, and vanilla. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving with apple slices or graham crackers.