No Bake Apple Butter Cheesecake
Take a bite of fall with creamy No Bake Apple Butter Cheesecake with a caramel swirl and homemade graham cracker crust.
When I think of fall, I think of apples and apple butter.
And when I think of apples, I also think of caramel, probably because caramel apples are iconic this time of year.
However, I hate eating said caramel apples because it hurts my teeth (hence my no bake caramel apple cheesecake).
That’s why I love to incorporate apples and caramel together in much softer (and more enjoyable) recipes, such as this No Bake Apple Butter Cheesecake with a caramel swirl.
The sweet, creamy filling with its caramel swirl and graham cracker crust is heavenly and won’t break a tooth.
I know ovens are running full blast now that summer is over, but I chose a no bake cheesecake because it’s easier and faster.
I don’t necessarily mean it’ll be ready faster as both still need to chill properly, but you don’t have to wait around for the oven.
Plus by not hogging up the oven, you can bake other fall desserts while you (im)patiently wait.
This is my go-to no bake cheesecake recipe. Instead of Cool Whip, you make homemade whipped cream to fold into the cream cheese mixture.
Since both will be incorporated together eventually, you don’t have to worry about cleaning the bowl in between. I love it when I have less dishes to wash.
For the caramel, I swirled some homemade caramel sauce, but you can also buy a jar as a time-saving shortcut.
If the caramel is thick and hard to swirl, microwave it for about 10 seconds or until it thins out enough to swirl.
For the crust I crushed some graham crackers, but given that fall is finally here, you can substitute crushed gingersnap cookies.
For more apple butter recipes, check out my guide on what to do with apple butter.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce (homemade or store bought)
- Mix together the graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into the bottom of a 9×9 pan. Refrigerate while you prepare the batter.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream until stiff peaks form (pull beaters straight up and the peaks should not fall). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla then beat in the apple butter. Fold in the whipped cream. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- In a small microwavable bowl, microwave the caramel until slightly softened (10-15 seconds). Drop by spoonfuls on top of the cheesecake batter then swirl with a knife. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.