Just because it’s hot outside doesn’t mean you can’t have dessert! This fluffy, easy no bake Strawberry Cheesecake Dip is a strawberry cream cheese dip that makes a great snack for summer.
It’s here! It’s here! Strawberry picking is finally here in PA!
It’s about a week or so later than usual, mainly because of the wacky weather we had for 2013.
Every year for the past too many, Dad and I always go strawberry picking.
One of the first things I ended up making was this Strawberry Cheesecake Dip. The idea has been on my mind for the past few months, and I finally have fresh strawberries to make it.
Instead of turning the oven on in the 80+ degree weather to make my strawberry swirl cheesecake with strawberry curd, I made a lazy no-bake cheesecake in a bowl – strawberry cheesecake dip with both pureed and chopped strawberries in it.
Dad and I almost always go to Triple B Farms for our pick-your-own produce.
However, because I moved three years ago, we have to plan around when I visit. Normally that would be Memorial Day weekend, but they weren’t ready this year.
So instead, Dad visited me and we went to The Drying Shed.
Here you bring your own container, check in at the weigh station, and off you go to the field where one of the workers assigns you a row. 30 minutes later, we came back with 5.57 pounds of strawberries.
At first glance, it seems like a lot of strawberries, but I’m already halfway through the basket.
Then of course this very successful Strawberry Cheesecake Dip. You can eat it with graham crackers, fresh strawberries, pretzels, and/or a spoon.
Spread it on top of your bagel or a slice of angel food cake.
Or if you really want to be fancy, layer it into parfait glasses with cubes of cake (angel food, sponge, and pound cakes come to mind).
If you’re looking for a quick summer dessert for your next potluck or get together, you need to make this strawberry cheesecake dip because it takes no more than 30 minutes to make the dip (and an hour of chill time, but there’s no effort on your part for that).
Plus there is no need to turn on any heat, not even the stove. I think we can all agree that it doesn’t get better than that, right?
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces full fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- In a blender, puree 1/2 cup strawberries. Strain to remove seeds. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl on medium-high speed (with whisk attachment if using 5 quart stand mixer), beat the heavy cream until it starts to thicken, about 1 minute.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla then continue beating until stiff peaks form, about 2-3 minutes (when you pull the beaters up, peaks will form and not fall over).
- Transfer to another bowl and keep cold in the refrigerator.
- In the same mixing bowl (no need to clean bowl - switch to paddle if using stand mixer), beat together the cream cheese, granulated sugar, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon vanilla until smooth and creamy, about 1-2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl then beat in the pureed strawberries.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until fully incorporated. Fold in the remaining chopped strawberries.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.