Beat the heat this summer with these red, white, and blue No Bake Mixed Berry Cheesecake Parfaits with fresh strawberries and blueberries. Made with homemade whipped cream (no Cool Whip) and cream cheese.
What kind of summer person are you? Do you like to soak up the sun as much as possible and find yourself outdoors every chance you get? Or do you hibernate inside with the a/c on full blast, cooling down with popsicles?
I’m in the latter category. Sure, I need my sunlight and go for a walk almost every evening, but if you asked would I rather go to the pool or stay indoors, my vote is definitely indoors (that and I hate swimming). The only exception would be the beach, but even then I wouldn’t want to lay outside in 90 degrees for too long. I’d listen to the waves crash, dip my feet into the water, then go inside and buy an ice cream cone.
No matter which group you’re in, we can both agree nobody wants to turn on the oven in the summer. Sure, I’ll still do it but then I’m cranking up the a/c on high. If I can make a recipe without turning my apartment into a giant hot box, then I’m all in.
With 4th of July coming up quickly, I thought I would treat you to a red, white, and blue dessert for the holiday. My plans are walk around the city for whatever they have planned and watch fireworks.
Since I don’t want to go all summer without making cheesecake, these No Bake Mixed Berry Cheesecake Parfaits with strawberries and blueberries will do the trick. I can get my cheesecake fix AND not die from the heat. Win win.
No bake cheesecake is very easy to whip up. Traditional cheesecake filling uses eggs. No bake cheesecake uses whipped cream. Instead of using Cool Whip, I made homemade whipped cream to fold into the cream cheese mixture.
I developed the recipe so you don’t even need to clean the mixing bowl in between steps. Just make sure you scrape really well. And since you’ll want to garnish the parfaits with more whipped cream on top, I made sure you make enough all at once so you wouldn’t have to double up on steps.
I found it easier to assemble these no bake cheesecake parfaits as soon as you make the filling. If you let it chill first, it’s a little harder to spoon and spread. Not impossible so if you absolutely must do it this way, you’ll be fine. You might want to let it warm up a bit at room temperature if you’re having trouble assembling.
I left the blueberries as is because I wanted them to remain blue and not turn purple if I cooked them down into a sauce.
I did, however, make homemade strawberry sauce because I did want some type of sauce component. If you’re in a hurry, you can use freshly sliced strawberries, but I highly recommend taking the extra time for the sauce. You can also make the sauce on a separate day and use when ready to assemble.
Yields 2 servings
1 hr, 30 Prep Time
1 hr, 30 Total Time
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 recipe Homemade Strawberry Sauce (or sub 1 cup sliced strawberries)
- In a large mixing bowl (with whisk attachment if using stand mixer), beat the heavy cream until it starts to thicken, about 1 minute. Gradually beat in the powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla then continue beating until stiff peaks form, about 2-3 minutes (when you pull the beaters up, peaks will form and not fall over). Transfer to another bowl and reserve 1/4 cup whipped cream for garnish. Keep both cold in the refrigerator.
- In the same mixing bowl (no need to clean bowl - switch to paddle if using stand mixer), beat together the cream cheese, granulated sugar, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the bowl.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until fully incorporated.
- In the bottom of one parfait glass, add 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs. Add some of the cheesecake filling on top then add 3 tablespoons blueberries. Top with some more cheesecake filling then half of the strawberry sauce. Finish with another layer of cheesecake filling. Pipe some of the reserved 1/4 cup whipped cream on top. Garnish with 1 tablespoon blueberries and graham cracker crumbs. Repeat with another parfait glass. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Keep cold until ready to serve.