A creamy no bake apple butter cheesecake with a caramel swirl on top that tastes like fall with every spoonful.
Back in July, I attended the Big Summer Potluck (BSP) for the second year in a row. I love going to it because it’s not a conference; rather, it’s a retreat for food bloggers who are just as crazy (and hungry) as you. And of course big food events like BSP couldn’t happen without some amazing sponsors, like Musselman’s, a company well known for apple butter and applesauce. They were holding an apple butter recipe contest prior to the event so they could serve the top three dishes that weekend. Naturally, I entered with dessert – No Bake Caramel Swirl Apple Butter Cheesecake. Unfortunately, it didn’t win, but that’s ok. Cheesecake will always be a winner in my book.
I know it’s fall and that ovens are running full blast, but I chose a no bake cheesecake because it’s easier, faster, and it was July when I made it. That’s ok – by not hogging up the oven with cheesecake, you can make other fall desserts while you (im)patiently wait. Cinnamon rolls, cupcakes, and turnovers come to mind.
After beating some apple butter into the batter and poured into the pan, I swirled some homemade caramel sauce on top. You can find the recipe here or you can buy a jar. If it’s thick and hard to swirl, microwave it for about 10-15 seconds until it thins out a little and moves around a bit easier. For the crust I crushed some graham crackers, but given that fall is finally here, you can substitute crushed gingersnap cookies.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce (homemade or store bought)
- Mix together the graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into the bottom of a 9×9 pan. Refrigerate while you prepare the batter.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream until stiff peaks form (pull beaters straight up and the peaks should not fall). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla then beat in the apple butter. Fold in the whipped cream. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- In a small microwavable bowl, microwave the caramel until slightly softened (10-15 seconds). Drop by spoonfuls on top of the cheesecake batter then swirl with a knife. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Source: Adapted from Kraft
If you liked my No Bake Apple Butter Caramel Swirl Cheesecake, you may also like these recipes:
- No Bake Egg Free Pumpkin Cheesecake
- No Bake Egg Free Biscoff Swirl Cheesecake
- Caramel Apple Butter Cheesecake Dip
From other bloggers: