Do you love fudgy brownies? Do you love cream cheese? Now you can have the best of both worlds with these Kit Kat Cheesecake Brownies made from scratch.
What’s fudgy, layered, and cheesecake all over? Would you like to take a break? A break of these Kit Kat Cheesecake Brownies, that is. Here’s a real sinful treat, enjoyed by both kids and adults alike. There is chocolate. There is candy. And most importantly, there is cheesecake. Put them altogether in one treat and stand back as people freak out (no, really. My coworkers got super excited when they heard cheesecake and brownie in the same sentence). And if you told them what today’s #SundaySupper theme was, they’d freak out even more. It’s Cake, Cheese, and Cheesecake, all in one day!
I love cheesecake so much that I have a huge category dedicated to it. Round, square, large, mini, baked, no bake, waterbath, no waterbath, vanilla, chocolate, ice cream, stuffed fruit. Now I can add brownies to the list. I was originally going to skip posting today due to time constraints, but as soon as #SundaySupper announced a cheesecake event, I knew I couldn’t say no.
The first layer is a basic fudgy brownie. No cake brownies here. I thought about baking that layer to firm it up a bit before adding the other layers, but when I realized how thick the batter was, I was able to place the Kit Kats on top without sinking. I fit 20 Kit Kat wafers no problem (that equals five full-size candy bars. If you use the fun-size bars, they are slightly smaller; therefore, you may be able to fit a few more). Then I poured the cheesecake filling over top.
These Kit Kat Cheesecake Brownies are a bit messy when you pick them up, which makes them taste even better (ok not really, but roll with me on this). I will warn you that you may need to let the brownies sit for a bit at room temperature before cutting. The Kit Kat layer is hard to cut through when it’s straight from the fridge. Don’t let that stop you though. You can always grab a spoon and dig into the cheesecake layer while you wait.
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces or 8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 20 individual Kit Kat wafers (5 regular-sized Kit Kat bars)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt together the butter and unsweetened chocolate until smooth. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cocoa powder, sugar, and salt (the batter will be really thick and grainy – keep going). Beat in the vanilla and egg. Whisk in the flour. Scrape the batter into the baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- If you haven't already, break the Kit Kat bars into individual wafers. Gently press the wafers on top of the brownie batter in one layer (you will make 2 rows with 10 wafers each). Set aside while you make the cheesecake layer.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth, about 2-3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating 1 minute after each addition. Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour the cheesecake on top of the Kit Kat layer, smoothing it out. Bake 35-40 minutes or until the top is firm but still wiggles a little bit (a toothpick should come out clean). Let cool completely to room temperature then refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Let the pan sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes before cutting. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Sources: Adapted from Katie Workman and Taste of Home
More Chocolate Recipes
Kit Kat Cupcakes with Caramel Buttercream Frosting
Sunday Supper Recipes
- Garlic and Goat by Supper for a Steal
- Quick and Easy Homemade Cottage Cheese by The Meltaways
- Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Parmesan Crisps by BigBearsWife
- Irish Cheese Soufflés by girlichef
- Paneer Tikka Masala by Kimchi Mom
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta with Homemade Ricotta and Broccoli by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Ricotta Croquettes by Basic N Delicious
- Cheeseburger Soup by Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Cherry Blossom Crescents by The Ninja Baker
- Saag Paneer! Golden Roasted Ricotta In Savory Spinach Sauce by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Sourdough Cheese Crackers by Curious Cuisiniere
- Basil Balsamic Strawberries & Whipped Feta Grilled Cheese by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lox and Cream Cheese Mini Omelettes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Buffalo Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken by In The Kitchen With KP
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Paneer Indian Cottage Cheese Pancake by Masala Herb
- Crepes with Strawberry Mascarpone Cream Filling by Soni’s Food
- Roasted Pears with Pecorino by Happy Baking Days
- Pan-Fried Halloumi Cheese Salad by The Catholic Foodie
- Chevre Torte with Mango and Sweet Pepper Salsa by Noshing with the Nolands
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting by Hezzi D’s Books & Cooks
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cake by Gourmet Drizzles
- Dairyfree Ice Cream Cake by Galactosemia in PDX
- KitKat Chocolate Cake by The Urban Mrs.
- Old Fashioned Caramel Cake by There and Back Again
- Peanut Butter Banana Bundt Cake with Chocolate Chips by Gotta Get Baked
- Flourless Chocolate Bean Cake by Vintage Kitchen
- Dense Chocolate Cherry Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Tequila Lime Cupcakes by Mama Mommy Mom
- Almond Polenta Cake by Shockingly Delicious
- Salmon Cakes by Family Foodie
- Banana Split Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze by NeighborFood
- Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- Nutella Cheesecake Brownies by The Foodie Army Wife
- Individual Strawberry and White Chocolate Cheesecakes by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Grasshopper Cheesecake Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
- Mini Toddler Cherry Cheesecakes by In the Kitchen with Audrey and Maurene
- Mocha Cheesecake by The Lovely Pantry
- Lime Cheesecake Bites by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- No-Bake Banana Sundae Cheesecake by The Messy Baker
- Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes with White Chocolate Crusts by Cupcakes and Pearls
- Savory Shrimp Cheesecake with Herbs and Garlic by Food Lust People Love
- Cheesecake au Baileys by Baker Street
- Tiny Turtle Cheesecakes (No Bake) by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Mini Cheesecakes by Cookistry
- Chocolate Cheesecake Bites by Mom, What’s For Dinner?