No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
No matter the occasion, you can never go wrong whipping up a batch of these easy Small Batch No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars with a little bit of crunch from rice krispie cereal.
A few months ago, a few friends recommended reading The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, a book about decluttering and organizing.
Normally books like these don’t interest me, but they gave such rave reviews about how it changed their life, I decided to check it out at the library.
Turns out I wasn’t the only one because I was on a waiting list of 200-some people.
I finally got the book last week after waiting forever for it. Is it possible that a book can be life changing? Because this one totally was.
It showed me a different perspective for keeping my apartment clean, which involves getting rid of anything that doesn’t give you joy.
Why hang onto clothes, books, movies, and food props (ahem) if it doesn’t make you happy?
If you physically hold something and it doesn’t make you smile, why are you cluttering your home with it?
If you don’t like wearing a certain shirt, why is it still in your closet?
I already filled up several boxes and bags of stuff to donate and haven’t even touched the majority of my items yet.
I highly recommend checking out this book. Even if you’re the type that hates cleaning (me), just switching your perspective makes a huge difference.
Another thing that brings me joy that are worth keeping around are these No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars (lame transition, I know).
I think everyone has their version of this recipe, but it’s still worth sharing mine as I added rice crispy cereal to the top layer.
Much like my No Bake Peanut Butter Pie, you don’t need to turn on your oven for something sweet.
Just you, your mixer (or arm muscles), and your fridge for a few hours.
It’s no secret that I love chocolate and peanut butter together.
Such a classic pairing yet it’s one that you never, ever get tired of. Who has ever said “I’m tired of chocolate and peanut butter together”?
Although you don’t technically need to keep these refrigerated, it helps if it’s too warm outside because they will get soft and melted to hold.
You can also store them in the freezer for a “frozen” treat to enjoy when your sweet tooth attacks.
- 6 tablespoons + 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup rice crispy cereal
- Line an 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper or lightly greased foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together 6 tablespoons peanut butter, melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and salt. Spread into the pan. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes.
- In a large heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (don't let the bowl touch the water), melt together the chocolate chips and remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter. Remove from the heat and stir in the cereal.
- Spread chocolate on top of the chilled peanut butter layer. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, about 30 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
More Chocolate and Peanut Butter Recipes
Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream (No Cook, Egg Free)