Creamy Small Batch Mini Gingerbread Cheesecakes combine the rich flavors of gingerbread and cheesecake into one handheld treat for Christmas. Recipe makes 6 cheesecake cupcakes.
“Deck the halls with lots of cheesecake. Fa la la la la la la la la”
Today I made Small Batch Mini Gingerbread Cheesecakes. Let’s face it – holiday parties are usually filled with trays of handheld treats, such as cookies and candies. That’s why I wanted to make cheesecake in cupcake form, not only to fit onto your snack plate but also for portion control.
You can’t argue against consuming extra calories during the holiday because of the abundance of food, but that doesn’t mean you have to skip the cheesecake. I never skip the cheesecake.
Of course gingerbread is almost synonymous with Christmas, so I incorporated gingerbread and cheesecake into one holiday snack.
A few months ago I made Mini Snickerdoodle Cheesecakes. After making that recipe, I knew I’d be doing different variations throughout the year.
For the base, I used crushed gingersnaps to emphasize the ginger flavor even more. Make sure you crush them up really finely in the food processor and not leave little chunks behind. That makes it easier to bind a crust.
I peeled off the cupcake liners to serve because I felt they made a better presentation for a dinner party. Totally up to you.
If you gift these, you can leave the liners on. And yes, you can gift these cupcakes as long as you remember to tell the person to refrigerate them! A lot of stores, including the dollar store, are selling cupcake gift boxes with an insert in the middle so the cupcakes don’t fall over during transport.
Yields 6 mini cheesecakes
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup gingersnap crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground clove
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 1 cupcake pan with 6 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the gingersnap crumbs and melted butter. Divide among the liners and press down to form an even layer on the bottom, about 2 tablespoons crumbs each.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in the egg until smooth. Beat in the vanilla, sour cream, and molasses then beat in the ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove.
- Divide the batter into each paper liner. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until top is firm with the center still slightly jiggly.
- Cool in the pan for 30 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. Cool to room temperature then cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped cream before serving.
Source: Adapted from Cooking Classy
Recipe updated 12/13/17 to make a small batch of mini cheesecakes. Original recipe made more.