Creamy Gingerbread Cheesecake Cupcakes combine the rich flavors of gingerbread and cheesecake into one handheld treat for Christmas.
“Deck the halls with lots of cheesecake. Fa la la la la la la la la”
It’s Day 2 of Christmas Week! Once again, Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen from Juanita’s Cocina are co-hosting this multi-blogger event, and each day we will be celebrating with Christmas-themed treats as well as fabulous Christmas giveaways. There will be posts going on all week until Saturday, December 14th. I’ll personally be posting today until Thursday, so make sure you check out all the participating blogs all week (hint: participants and giveaways are listed at the bottom of each post). Make sure you check out Day 1’s recipe and giveaway.
Today I made Gingerbread Cheesecake Cupcakes. Let’s face it – holiday parties are usually filled with trays of handheld treats, such as cookies and candies. That’s why I wanted to make cheesecake in grabbable form, not only to fit onto your snack plate but also for portion control. You can’t argue that we consume extra calories during the holiday because of the abundance of food, but that doesn’t mean you have to skip the cheesecake. I never skip the cheesecake. Of course gingerbread is almost synonymous with Christmas, so I incorporated gingerbread and cheesecake into one holiday snack.
A few months ago I made Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Cupcakes. After making that recipe, I knew I’d be doing different variations throughout the year. For the base, I used crushed gingersnaps to emphasize the ginger flavor even more. Make sure you crush them up really finely in the food processor and not leave little chunks behind. That makes it easier to bind a crust.
I peeled off the cupcake liners to serve because I felt they made a better presentation for a dinner party. Totally up to you. If you gift these, you can leave the liners on. And yes, you can gift these cupcakes as long as you remember to tell the person to refrigerate them! A lot of stores, including the dollar store, are selling cupcake gift boxes with an insert in the middle so the cupcakes don’t fall over during transport.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two cupcake pans with 18 paper liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the gingersnap crumbs and melted butter. Divide among the 18 liners and press down to form an even layer on the bottom.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Beat in the vanilla, sour cream, and heavy cream until smooth. Beat in the molasses then gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Scoop the batter into each paper liner, filling close to the top (they won’t rise very much). Bake for 18-20 minutes or until done with the centers still slightly jiggly (do not overbake). Cool in the pan for 1 hour (if you try to remove them, the liners may not stick). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped cream before serving.
Source: Adapted from Cooking Classy
If you liked these Gingerbread Cheesecake Cupcakes, you may also like these recipes from me:
- Chocolate Gingerbread Cupcakes
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Gingerbread Marshmallow Cheesecake Dip
Be sure to check out the rest of today’s Christmas Week recipes:
- Chewy Brownies by Juanita’s Cocina
- Chocolate-Peppermint Puff Pastry Bites by The Weekend Gourmet
- Pomegranate Margaritas by Dinners, Dishes, and Deserts
- Gingerbread Whoopie Pies with Maple Poached Pears and Maple Buttercream by Pineapple and Coconut
- Cranberry Bliss Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Reindeer Cookies by Noshing With The Nolands
- Mo’s Easy Homemade Eggnog by Food Lust People Love
- Spiced Madeleines by The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- Flourless Nutella Marshmallow Cloud Cookie Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pear and Dried Cranberry Baked Custard by See Aimee Cook
- Bacon Bark by Cooking In Stilettos
- Snowflake Cake by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Gingerbread Sugar Cookies by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Hot Chocolate Biscotti by Home Cooking Memories
Today’s #ChristmasWeek giveaway comes courtesy of Le Creuset. Respect for tradition and authenticity has been Le Creuset’s guiding principle since 1925, and their kitchen and cook ware is known internationally.
Le Creuset’s Revolution Utensil Set is available in six different colors, and it represents the next generation of functional innovations in the kitchen. Developed with chefs and culinary enthusiasts in mind, each utensil features a task-defined blade made from premium silicone, as well as a carefully crafted wood handle engineered to improve grip for a variety of kitchen tasks. The set includes one of each of the following: utensil crock, small spatula, medium spatula, spatula spoon, basting brush, jar scraper. To enter, read the details and use the Rafflecopter below!
***This giveaway is for one Le Creuset Revolution Utensil Set (winner’s choice of color)! This giveaway is open to Continental US residents only . When the contest concludes, the winner will be chosen by random draw. The winner will be notified through e-mail and they will have 3 days to respond or another winner will be chosen.***
Disclosure: This giveaway is being provided by Le Creuset. Participating bloggers have not received product nor been compensated as a part of this giveaway.