Happy #SundaySupper! This week it is an honor to team up with LAND O LAKES® and feature their latest product, Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt. Today’s theme is Simple and Fresh Summer Recipes. When you create a fresh summer meal with produce you bought at the local farmer’s market, chances are you’ll need some bread to accompany it. How about some Honey Butter Dinner Rolls? It only takes a few minutes to make the dough. Then while it is resting, you can finish prepping the rest of dinner.
For those of you not familiar with #SundaySupper, Isabel of Family Foodie has a mission to bring families together around the kitchen table. Every Sunday starting at 3 pm EST, we tweet what we are having for dinner using the hashtag #SundaySupper. Anybody is welcome to join in! All you have to do is add #SundaySupper to your tweets. No blogging required.
I’ve made these dinner rolls several times before, once for Thanksgiving (or was it Christmas?) and again just last weekend to go along with some wedding soup. Since I recently made them with regular butter, I thought it would be a good test to use the Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt. The butter is premeasured into half sticks with a flavor wrapper designed to keep the butter tasting fresher longer.
I will admit I still have a bit of a cold, so my palette isn’t very strong. I could tell there was a difference using the Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt, but if I had to blindly guess what was used, I’m not sure if I would’ve guessed Olive Oil & Sea Salt. It’s one of those deals where you would notice the difference without it rather than saying oh hey I taste olive oil and I taste sea salt. Does that make sense? Plus baking tones down the flavors, so the flavor would be stronger if you simply melted it in a skillet. I know because I made a quick orzo dinner with it.
At first glance, this recipe may seem time-consuming, but most of it is resting and rising time. While you are waiting, you can finish prepping dinner. They only take a little over 10 minutes to bake, so you can pop them in the oven when dinner is almost ready. Fresh and simple indeed.
This recipe involves yeast, but don’t be scared! This is a low-key recipe for those who are new to baking with yeast. It is important you measure your water temperature. Too cold means the yeast won’t activate. Too hot and the yeast will die. There is a little bit of kneading involved, but I find that very relaxing. Then you break the yeast into balls and place them into a round cake pan. This gives the dinner rolls a bit of a rustic look after you break them apart. Then you brush these fluffy dinner rolls with a honey butter glaze.
Now for the rest of the Simper and Fresh Summer Menu with LAND O LAKES®:
- Ravioli Florentine with Spinach and Butter Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books &Cooks
- Roasted Salmon & Asparagus with grilled Garlic Bread by Daily Dish Recipes
- Steak with Blue Cheese Butter by In the Kitchen with KP
- Pasta with Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Fettucini with Cream Sauce and Turkey Sausage by Val’s Food and or Art
- Linguini with Clam Sauce by The Pig and the Fig
- Butter Burgers by Ultra Epicure
- Bacon and Havarti Quiche by Juanita’s Cocina
- Cider Chicken with Butter Pecan Rice by Momma’s Meals
- Crusty French Bread with Sun-Dried Tomato and Parmesan Herb Butter by The Weekend Gourmet
- Chicken Scallopini by Diabetic Foodie
- Pasta with Butter Thyme Sauce by Magnolia Days
- Chicken Tikka Masala by Melissa Likes to Eat
- Empanadas by The Primlani Kitchen
- White Bean Ragout with Grilled Garlic Bread by Comfy Cuisine
- Wild Raisin Nut Rice Pilaf with Olive Butter & Sea Salt by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Olive Oil and Sea Salt Pan Seared Scallops with Quinoa by Big Bears Wife
- Flank Steak with Garlic and Wild Mushrooms by Family Spice
- Bay Scallop Gratin by An Appealing Plan
- Buttery Sea Salt Tuna Fajitas by Family Foodie
- Sole Meniere by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken with Butter Sauce and Fresh Veggies by BG Garden
- Buttermilk Biscuits with Jalapeno Cheddar Butter by Damn Delicious
- Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Dinner, Dishes and Desserts
- Sage Cornbread Muffins with Cranberry Orange Butter by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Easy Onion Focaccia Rolls by The Meltaways
- Whole Wheat Biscuits by Cookistry
- Buttery Garlic Knots by From My Corner of Saratoga
- Herbed Cheese Bread with Pancetta and Onions by Mrs. Mama Hen
- Warm Balsamic Green Beans by Chip Chip Hooray
- Buttery Herbed Potatoes by The Messy Baker Blog
- Basil Butter Corn by Supper for a Steal
- Mashed Potatoes with Herb Butter and Cheese by Basic and Delicious
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 cup warm water (120F-130F degrees)
- 2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt, melted*
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt, melted*
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- In a large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, garlic powder, and onion powder. Add water and melted butter. Beat for 3 minutes or until smooth. Turn off the mixer. With a spoon, stir in the cheese and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (1/2 – 1 cup).
- On lightly floured surface, knead the dough for 4-6 minutes. You may need to add a little bit more flour if the dough is still sticky, but don’t add too much. Cover and rest for 10 minutes.
- Grease a 9-inch round pan. Divide the dough into 12 pieces, shape into balls, and place in the pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375F. When ready, bake the rolls 11-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, honey, garlic powder, and onion powder. Brush over the warm rolls and sprinkle with some sea salt. Let cool until the glaze sets.
Source: Adapted from Taste of Home
About LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt: Land O’Lakes is expanding its popular line of half-stick butter with the introduction of LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt. This new product contains wholesome ingredients: sweet cream, olive oil and sea salt. LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt is an easy and convenient way to simply enhance the flavor of your favorite foods. Available in a premeasured half-stick size, this new product can be used for topping and cooking a variety of foods, combining the two ingredients consumers often combine separately when frying or sautéing foods. The delicious taste of butter and olive oil will add delicious flavor to any dish.
Disclosure: I received a full-value coupon redeemable for LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt for recipe development and review purposes. All opinions are my own.