German Chocolate Cheese Ball
Sweeten up your cheese board with German Chocolate Cheese Ball (aka a chocolate cheese ball with homemade German chocolate cake frosting mixed in).
I can’t believe Thanksgiving is this Thursday with the weather being as warm as it is.
I think I’ve only worn my winter coat twice this season, which is the total opposite of it snowing on Halloween a few years ago.
In fact, last week I didn’t believe we only had one week left until Thanksgiving. It certainly doesn’t feel like November.
Although I’m not wishing for the S word anytime soon (the one that rhymes with row), I do wish it felt more like November so I can get into the spirit.
It’s hard to drink hot chocolate and eat candy canes while it’s still 60 degrees outside.
Once Thanksgiving rolls around, cheese balls start rolling around too.
Ok they aren’t actually rolling anywhere, but they do make an appearance for snacking.
Usually they are on the savory side served with meat and crackers, but my chocolate chip cookie dough cheese ball did so well, I wanted to post another dessert cheese ball.
Since I tend to make a lot of German chocolate cake related desserts (including my German Chocolate Pecan Pie), I had the brilliant idea to make German Chocolate Cake Cheese Ball , which is a chocolate cheese ball with homemade German chocolate cake frosting mixed in then covered in coconut and pecans.
Dessert cheese balls are like dessert dips but more round and more solid.
Spread them onto graham crackers for serving.
You can even spread some leftovers on your morning toast, much like you would with peanut butter or Nutella. Ahem.
This German chocolate cake cheese ball needs a few hours to firm up so you can roll it into coconut and pecans, which is ideal when you’re looking for a make ahead dessert.
You can even pack it up and take it with you.
German Chocolate Cake Cheese Ball
Sweeten up your cheese board with German Chocolate Cake Cheese Ball (aka a chocolate cheese ball with homemade German chocolate cake frosting mixed in).
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (add 1/4 teaspoon salt if unsalted)
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 recipe Small Batch German Chocolate Frosting (get the recipe here)
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together cream and butter until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in melted chocolate, powdered sugar, cooled frosting, and vanilla.
- Scrape the mixture onto plastic wrap and form the mixture into a ball. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In a small shallow bowl or plate, mix together the coconut and pecans. Unwrap the cheese ball and roll until completely covered.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. For easier spreading, remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
More Cheese Ball Recipes
Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
Bacon Cheddar Cheese Ball
Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball Bites
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchase.
I’ve never seen anything like this! It’s wonderful and I’m loving it. Such a fun and “sweet” way to mix things up and provide another delicious options to people! I am so using this!
Come to the NW suburbs of Chicago. We had 10 inches of snow Friday night/Saturday
Oh man it’s starting already! I wrote this post on Friday. Yesterday, we had snow flurries in the air! Nothing on the ground (yet) but I guess I spoke too soon ;)
I am all about this german chocolate cake cheese ball!!! Pinning!
This looks delicious. It would be a hit during any holiday party