Inspired by everyone’s favorite campfire treat, this Strawberry Smores Tart has a chocolate marshmallow filling with a homemade graham cracker crust.
Every year Dad and I go to the local farm and pick more strawberries than we can eat. We love this farm so much, he waits until I’m home for the weekend then we go picking.
One of my favorite strawberry desserts is this Strawberry Smores Tart because I love smores so much. The gooey marshmallows. The messy chocolate. The crunchy graham crackers. Adding fresh strawberries makes the tart even more summery.
Because chocolate melts, it’s best to keep this tart refrigerated until ready to slice and serve. Having trouble making clean slices? Dip a knife in hot water, wipe it dry, then slice.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces or 8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup marshmallow cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Have a 9-inch tart pan ready.
- In a large bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press the crumbs into the bottom and sides of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn off the oven and cool completely.
- Add the chopped chocolate to a heatproof bowl. In a medium saucepan, heat the cream until hot but not boiling. Pour it over the chocolate and wait 1 minute. Stir together until completely smooth.
- Place the sliced strawberries in a single layer on top of the cooled crust. Pour the chocolate mixture over top, spreading evenly and covering all of the strawberries.
- Place the marshmallow cream in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 15 seconds or until easy to stir. Drop spoonfuls over the chocolate and swirl with a knife. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.