Creamy peanut butter cheesecake bars with chocolate and a cookie crust will make you wish that every day was Chocolate Peanut Butter Day.
Today is the day I’ve been waiting for all year – I, along with Miriam of Overtime Cook, are declaring March 25 as Chocolate Peanut Butter Day! Miriam and I have been talking about this day for a really long time. Texts and emails back and forth “We really need to do a chocolate peanut butter day!” “When are we planning this?” “We really need to plan this.” Finally we picked a date and ran with it. If you love chocolate and peanut butter as much as we do, you’ll want to keep reading because 29 other bloggers are joining us with their recipes, ranging from cookies and bars to scones and muffins.
Want to know how I made chocolate peanut butter even better? Turn it into Buckeye Cheesecake Bars.
Chocolate and peanut butter has been one of my favorite dessert combinations since forever ago. Which is funny because my mom doesn’t like peanut butter, so I don’t often make peanut butter desserts for the whole family. If I do, I try to have something special for her so she’s not left out. It’s safe to say the chocolate peanut butter gene comes from my dad.
For those of you not familiar with buckeyes, they are a chocolate peanut butter candy named after the state of Ohio (pretty much peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate). I’ve never actually made buckeyes before but have eaten my fair share from cookie trays. When you bite into one of these bars, imagine a chocolate cookie crust with a creamy, luscious peanut butter cheesecake filling on top.
So I need to know – do you eat cheesecake bars with your fingers or with your spoon? I couldn’t decide which way to go, so I ate one with my fingers and one with my spoon. That only seems fair to test both ways, right?
Plan ahead because these bars need to chill at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
- 2 cups chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cookie crumbs and butter. Pat into the bottom of the pan. Bake 10 minutes or until set. Let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated then beat in the peanut butter and vanilla. Spread into the pan and bake 35-40 minutes or until the top is firm and the center slightly jiggles. Cool completely.
- Once the bars are cool, melt together the chocolate chips and the cream (either in the microwave or in a bowl over simmering water on the stove). Spread on top of the cheesecake then chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight. Cut into bars before serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Source: Adapted from Taste Of Home
If you enjoyed these Buckeye Cheesecake Bars, you may also enjoy these chocolate peanut butter recipes from me:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Squares
Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream (No Cook, Egg Free)
Here are the other bloggers celebrating today with me:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse Parfait by Hip Foodie Mom
- Dark Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies by Mind Over Batter
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Crumb Parfait by Hungry Couple
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Doughnuts by It’s Yummi!
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cup Swirl Brownies by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Scones by All Day I Dream About Food
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Jam Bars by Poet in the Pantry
- Crunchy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cannolis by Souffle Bombay
- 4 Layer Chocolate Brownie Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting by Neighborfood
- Mini Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Cheesecakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Peanut Butter Nanaimo Bars by Crumb: A Food Blog
- Chocolate Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies by In The Kitchen With KP
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies by The Cooking Actress
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle by Kelli’s Kitchen
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream by Kelly Bakes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Biscotti by Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Chunky Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies by Snappy Gourmet
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Bundt Cake with Chocolate Cheesecake Filling by Overtime Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls by Gotta Get Baked
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Quick Bread by Magnolia Days
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips Bars by Roxana’s Home Baking
- Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Blondies by What Smell’s So Good
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Earthquake Cake by I Wash You Dry
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares by Food Lust People Love
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Cups by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispie Cheesecake Bars by Food Faith Fitness