This recipe for Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip is always the most popular at parties. It’s quick and easy party food that will leave your guests begging for more.
I ensure you that any party is not complete without some Buffalo Chicken Dip. If you love hot sauce, you will love this dip. I first heard of this dip when my roommate’s mom made it for her. Then at one of my meetings at school, the guy in charge brought leftover dip from his Superbowl party. I knew I had to make this myself, so I searched for a good recipe. This one comes from Recipe Zaar. I also completed #87 from my bucket list – dip.
Updated on 4/4/13: It’s been a few years since I first posted this recipe, and Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe is STILL the most popular dip at parties. I’ve actually been to parties where there would be 2 or 3 pie plates full, and by the end of the night, all of the dip is gone. All of it! Since this is such a great recipe, I updated the photos in hopes that you’ll make this dip too. Let me know if you try it!
- 2 tablespoons butter (add pinch of salt if unsalted
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken* (see Note)
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into 16 pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Nachos, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F. Have a 9-inch pie plate or similar casserole dish ready.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion, garlic, and green pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion and green pepper start to soften. Add the chicken, hot sauce, and ranch and cook for another 5 minutes. Add in the cream cheese, a few pieces at a time, and stir until melted and smooth. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese and cook until melted and smooth.
- Transfer the dip into the pie plate and top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake for 30-35 or until bubbly and cheese has melted. Serve warm with nachos.
© Chocolate Moosey. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish a recipe, please rewrite it in your own words or link back to the post for the recipe.
Source: Adapted from Food.com
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes
Buffalo Chicken Dip Quesadillas