Updated photos on 4/4/13
I ensure you that any party is not complete without some Buffalo Chicken Dip. If you love hot sauce, you will love this dip. I first heard of this dip when my roommate’s mom made it for her. Then at one of my meetings at school, the guy in charge brought leftover dip from his Superbowl party. I knew I had to make this myself, so I searched for a good recipe. This one comes from Recipe Zaar. I also completed #87 from my bucket list – dip.
Photo from 2008
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped (roughly 1/2 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (12.5 ounce) can of chicken breast in water, drained and broken into smaller pieces
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into 16 pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Nachos, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F. Have a 9-inch pie plate or casserole dish ready.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add onion, garlic, and green pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the chicken, hot sauce, and ranch. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes. Add in cream cheese, a few pieces at a time, and stir until melted and smooth. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese and cook until melted and smooth.
- Pour the dip into the baking dish and top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake for 30-35 or until bubbly and cheese has melted. Serve warm with nachos.
Source: Adapted from Food.com
If you liked this Buffalo Chicken Dip, you may also like: