Mini Caramel Cheesecakes
You don’t need a reason (other than you’re hungry) to enjoy these Mini Caramel Cheesecakes with a chocolate cookie crust, caramel cheesecake filling, caramel whipped cream, and caramel nut clusters.
Monday, Monday, Monday.
As much as I love my job, I still get the Sunday blues the night before when I realize the weekend is over and it’s back to adulting.
There are days where I wish I had enough money to not worry about a paycheck and travel the world, but since I have a better shot at being killed by a vending machine than buying a winning lottery ticket (thanks Google for actually finding that answer!), back to work it is.
It also doesn’t help that it feels like you’re walking into an oven the moment you stepped outside. I went for my daily walk the other day, and I looked like I was having a hot flash when I got back.
The best way to get through today is knowing you have dessert waiting for you when you’re done. Not just any dessert. A dessert served cold to cool you down after you’re dying from the humidity outside.
Who wants to eat a lukewarm cupcake or a piping hot cobbler when you’re sweating?
You’d think by now I’d get tired of making cheesecake recipes, but nope I’m back with another one.
These Mini Caramel Cheesecakes are my best recipe yet as they are loaded with caramel, including a caramel whipped cream drenched in a caramel drizzle (mainly because I couldn’t get my squeeze bottle to work properly, but eh) and caramel nut clusters.
These cheesecakes are definitely packed with #allthecaramel – caramel cheesecake filling, homemade caramel sauce drizzle, Turtle candies, and – wait for it – caramel whipped cream.
Yes, I said it. Caramel whipped cream.
Although I was expecting the color to be more, well, caramel, the taste is there.
Let’s talk about turtles from a culinary sense.
A turtle is a candy confection of chocolate, caramel, and pecans that when mixed together, look like a turtle with nuts for the feet and head.
Most turtle desserts are named for those three flavors together without the actual candy, but I used chopped Turtles candy, much like you would use chocolate chips or peanut butter cups.
Small Batch Mini Caramel Cheesecakes
You don’t need a reason to enjoy these Small Batch Mini Caramel Cheesecakes with a chocolate cookie crust, caramel cheesecake filling, caramel whipped cream, and caramel nut clusters.
- 3/4 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 8 ounces full-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 cup chopped TURTLES® Minis, any flavor
Caramel Whipped Cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce + more for drizzle
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 whole TURTLES® Minis
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a muffin pan with 6 paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cookie crumbs and melted butter until moistened and clumpy. Press roughly 1 tablespoon into the bottom of each paper liner and bake 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in the egg then beat in the vanilla and caramel. Add the chopped TURTLES® Minis.
- Spoon the batter into each liner and bake 18-20 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely at room temperature then chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- For the whipped cream: In a large mixing bowl (preferably a stand mixer with the whisk attachment), beat the cream on high speed until it thickens and soft peaks form (when you pull the beaters straight up, peaks will form but fall over). Gradually add the caramel and vanilla then continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form (peaks will form but not fall over).
- Garnish cheesecakes with whipped cream, caramel drizzle, and TURTLES® Minis. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchase.
Have you made this in a full size cheesecake before instead of the minis? If so, what size pan did you use and how long did you have to bake it?
Not for this particular recipe. However, you can check out my full sized caramel cheesecake recipe: https://www.chocolatemoosey.com/2014/10/21/caramel-apple-pecan-cheesecake/ You can follow those measurements and directions then fold in the chopped TURTLES candies. The caramel whipped cream recipe can stay the same then you can pile that on top of the big cheesecake.
Ok…thank you…will try this soon…looks wonderful.
Please let me know what you think!
A couple of those would make any Monday a million times better!
Amount of caramel sauce added to cheesecake batter? Thank you.
My apologies. I updated some technical things over the weekend and it erased some of the text. Recipe card is fixed now.