I originally didn’t have any patriotic recipes leading up the 4th Of July. I did rice crispy treat truffles for Memorial Day, but other than that, I didn’t have a whole lot of inspiration. Then red, white, and blue envy hit. All last week, I get seeing all sorts of holiday treats, including this amazing Red, White, and Blue Cheesecake Cake from Recipe Girl. That’s it – I need to hurry and squeeze in one colorful recipe before the holiday. But what can I do in such short notice? I remember on Pinterest seeing a pin for pretzel smores, so I decided to do that and put sprinkles on top. Voila! Patriotic Pretzel Smores. You can have a bowl of this sweet and salty snack ready in little time.
I originally made it with a mini marshmallow in the middle, but I found that it didn’t give a whole lot of marshmallow flavor. Then I tried a few with a large marshmallow cut into pieces. You know, now that I’m looking at the original recipe, I forgot the chocolate pieces in the middle. To be honest, since it’s dipped in chocolate, you weren’t really missing it.
So what is everyone doing for the 4th? I’ll be visiting my parents, where we will go a local arts and craft festival that we’ve been going to since I can remember. Their neighborhood also does a big fireworks show, and (if I remember), I’m going to bring my tripod and practice taking pictures. Wish me luck! For our dinner, we are cooking hot dogs and hamburgers. I still haven’t decided on the big dessert yet. Guess I’ll have to snack on more pretzel smores while I decide!
- 48 mini pretzels
- 48 mini marshmallows or 6 large marshmallows cut into quarters
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Sprinkles, to decorate
- Place 24 pretzels on a broiler-proof tray and top each with 2 mini marshmallows or 1 marshmallow quarter. Broil until puffed and toasted (don't walk away - it'll happen within a few minutes). Quickly top with the remaining pretzels. Let cool. Dip in melted chocolate and top with sprinkles. Let harden before serving. Best eaten the day it's made. Store in an airtight container for up to a week (refrigerate if the chocolate starts to melt).
© Chocolate Moosey. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish a recipe, please rewrite it in your own words or link back to the post for the recipe.
Source: Inspired by Love From The Oven
If you liked these Patriotic Pretzel Smores, you may also like these recipes:
- Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treat Truffles
- Red, White, and Blue Firecracker Cupcakes
- Chocolate Chip Cut Out Cookies