Sinful peppermint mocha brownie cookies dipped in chocolate will disappear faster than you can say Merry Christmas.
Welcome to Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen from Juanita’s Cocina! Each day we will be celebrating the holidays with Christmas-themed treats as well as fabulous Christmas giveaways. There will be posts going on all week until Saturday, December 14th. I’ll personally be posting today until Thursday, so make sure you check out all the participating blogs all week (hint: participants and giveaways are listed at the bottom of each post).
I’m starting things off with several of my favorite flavors rolled into one – Peppermint Mocha Brownie Cookies. Tis the season for those famous red cups at a famous coffee chain. I know you can technically buy peppermint mochas all year long, but it just doesn’t taste the same having one in June. I toyed with the idea of making it a cupcake but instead chose brownie cookies. Not only can you mail these (and I have), you can put them on your cookie trays or serve them with evening coffee. Texture like a brownie, shaped like a cookie, tastes like December is here.
Whoever originally decided to marry a brownie into a cookie is a genius. I couldn’t stop eating these, so I mailed them off to a friend. Otherwise the whole dozen would’ve been gone in a day. I have no self control when it comes to brownies and cookies. Or any dessert I make, really. That’s why I send most of it to work because if I didn’t, I’d be wearing really big pants.
Peppermint extract is a lot stronger than vanilla, so please measure accurately. I say this because I’m pretty lax in measuring vanilla when I’m not testing a recipe. I use it so much I can guesstimate what a teaspoon of vanilla is. But peppermint extract? Very potent if you pour too much! And if you’re looking to make these cookies plain since peppermint is a love or hate flavor, substitute 1 teaspoon vanilla.
You’ll notice that I used candy cane-shaped sprinkles instead of crushed candy canes. I’m not a fan of hard candy. I can somewhat tolerate eating candy canes, but sprinkles are much easier for me texture-wise. I’m not sure how much of a novelty candy cane-shaped sprinkles are, so feel free to use your favorite Christmas sprinkles.
UPDATE: I didn’t think the sprinkles would be that popular! I got them at a local farm, but if you’d like to order them online, this is what I have.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the bittersweet chocolate and butter. Remove from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the egg, sugar, and peppermint extract until pale and creamy, about 5-8 minutes. Add the melted chocolate then gradually add the flour mixture.
- Drop the batter by the tablespoonful onto the baking sheets two inches apart. The batter will be somewhat loose and will thicken the longer it sits. Bake 7-8 minutes or until the edges are set and the tops are cracked. They puff a little but will deflate as they cool. Remove from the oven and cool on the sheet 4 minutes before removing the cookies to a wire rack. Cool completely.
- In another heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the semisweet chocolate. Remove from the heat. Dip one half of each cookie into the chocolate then cover with crushed candy canes or sprinkles. Let the chocolate harden before serving.
Source: Adapted from Love and Olive Oil
If you liked these Peppermint Mocha Brownie Cookies, you may also like these recipes from me:
If you’re looking for more Christmas Week inspiration, check out these recipes:
- Chocolate Shortbread Bars by Juanita’s Cocina
- Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Frosted Sugar Cookies by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Peppermint Mocha Brownie Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Holiday Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cranberry Pistachio Eggnog Bark by See Aimee Cook
- Chocolate Peppermint Donuts by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cranberry-Orange Gin Fizz by The Messy Baker
- Pokey Fudge by Ninja Baking
- Vanilla Wafer Holiday Bark by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Peanut Butter n’ Jelly Thumbprints by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Buckeyes by My Catholic Kitchen
- Coconut Cream Tres Leches Cake by The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- Gluten-free Cinnamon Star Cookies by Masala Herb
- Nanny’s Pecan Pie by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- My Mother-in-law’s Fudge by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Peppermint Brownie Pops by Home Cooking Memories
- Chocolate Cherry Hazelnut Fudge by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Flourless Peanut Butter Nutella S’Mores by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cranberry Yogurt Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake by Liv Life
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Peppermint Fudge by Like Mother Like Daughter
Now for the giveaway! Today’s #ChristmasWeek giveaway comes courtesy of Magimix by Robot-Coupe. Magimix has an impressive history, and is the inventor of the first food processor for home cooks. Their machines are still handmade in Burgundy, France, and they are the only company to manufacture their own motors which feature a 30 year guarantee!
Chefs Catalog is offering a new, exclusive Magimix by Robot-Coupe 3200XL 12-Cup Food Processor package. The food processor features nested bowls, stainless steel blades, and a large feed tube. The included blender attachment transforms the processor into a fully-functional blender, and the citrus press is ideal for extracting juice from all types of fresh fruits. To enter, read the details and use the Rafflecopter below!
***This giveaway is for one Magimix by Robot-Coupe 3200XL 12-Cup Food Processor (in white)! This giveaway is open to Continental US residents only . When the contest concludes, the winner will be chosen by random draw. The winner will be notified through e-mail and they will have 3 days to respond or another winner will be chosen.***
Disclosure: This giveaway is being provided by Magimix by Robot-Coupe. Participating bloggers have not received product nor been compensated as a part of this giveaway.