Cinnamon sugar cookie pizza topped with caramel frosting, crisp apple slices, and a caramel drizzle will put you in the mood for fall.
Brr it finally feels like fall in Pennsylvania! For awhile, the weather decided to be sunny and 80 degrees. Now I wake up in the mornings to FROST on my car. The mornings of running out to warm up my car while I finish getting ready for work are soon beginning. As the chillier weather settles in, it’s time to break out the fall festivities – apple picking, pumpkin carving, sweater wearing, leaf gazing – and I am bringing Caramel Apple Sugar Cookie Pizza to the party.
Truth be told – I kinda hate caramel apples on a stick. I’d rather have apple slices dipped in caramel. Weird, right? It’s not the flavor combination at all; it’s the whole biting into a giant apple covered in caramel aspect. Maybe because I hate biting into candy apples, which then I relate to caramel apples. My solution is to make caramel apple things, such as this cookie pizza. I have no problem diving into this dessert.
So why a cookie pizza? Because I’m lazy :D Ok so that’s partially true. Rather than take the time and make several dozen then frost several dozen, I just did one giant cookie and only had one cookie to frost and decorate.
I wish dessert pizzas were more common. Growing up, there was a pizza buffet that served a dessert pizza. I always made sure I saved room for dessert, between that and the gooey cinnamon rolls. And somehow, a few cinnamon rolls would magically appear in my purse later that evening. Funny how they wrap themselves up in a napkin and sneak home with you. No need to sneak this cookie pizza home because I doubt there will be any leftovers!
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease a round 12-inch pizza pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until creamy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in the flour. The dough will still be slightly sticky.
- Lightly flour your hands and press the dough into the pan. Bake until the edges are brown and set in the middle, 12-15 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, and salt until creamy and fluffy. Beat in the 1/4 cup caramel. Spread onto the cooled cookie pizza. Top with apple slices then drizzle 2 tablespoons caramel.
Source: Adapted from Kelsey Nixon
If you liked this Caramel Apple Sugar Cookie Pizza, you may also like these recipes: