Today is Sunday and do you know what that means? #SundaySupper time! About one month ago when I made the Bacon and Dried Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies, the #SundaySupper group teamed up with Katie Workman, author of The Mom 100 Cookbook. Today we are back in the kitchen with Katie! And I made her Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares – a layer of creamy peanut butter goodness topped with a thick, teeth-sinking layer of chocolate.
The purpose of The Mom 100 is to provide fresh and quick recipes for parents to prepare with kids. I’m not a mom, but fresh and quick still applies to me because I work full-time during the week. My rule is dinner must be ready within an hour after getting home. In this case, it’s dessert. I woke up an hour early before work, made these Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares, put them in the fridge, then went to work (with chocolate on my arm). When you need a last-minute treat, these bars are it. Yes, it takes an hour to chill, but it’s one less thing to worry about when you are running around doing a million things.
I modified the recipe ever so slightly by adding peanuts on top while the chocolate was still hot. I like reemphasizing that these are peanut butter. The chocolate layer was my favorite part, mainly because it’s so thick, it literally cracks like a magic shell when you bite into it. I had plans to take extras into work Monday, but Dad and I kept eating them all weekend…
My copy of the book is on its way in the mail, so I definitely will be putting it to good use! Want to win your own copy? Join us on Twitter from 7-8 pm EST for a live chat with Katie Workman herself! During this hour, we will select 3 winners to receive a copy of The Mom 100.
In the meantime, check out what the rest of the #SundaySupper crew is making:
- Japanese Restaurant Salad with Carrot-Ginger Dressing Shockingly Delicious @shockinglydlish
- Spicy Ranch Bacon & Avocado Quesadilla Daily Dish Recipes @nicolehcook
- Pear, Goat cheese and Pancetta Grilled Pizza MamaMommyMom @mamamommymom
- Turkey Meat Sauce The Meltaways @MrsMeltaway
- Lasagna with Turkey Meat Sauce GirliChef @girlichef
- Salsa Chicken Quesadilla with a homemade cilantro chimichurri Juanita’s Cocina @juanitascocina
- Individual Grilled Pizza Big Bears Wife @bigbearswife
- Beans and Cheese Quesadila with Tomato Salad Basic n Delicious @basicndelicious
- Grill Roasted Honey Ginger Chicken Are you Hungry? @redkathy
- One-Pot Arroz con Pollo – Cuban Style Comfy Cuisine @trish0605
- Sesame Noodles With Shrimp and Vegetables Magnolia Days @reneedobbs
- Fresh Mozzarella Pasta Casserole Twitter Doggie at The Dinner Table @doggieatdinner
- Arroz con Pollo Puerto Rican style Cooking by the seat of our pants @cbsop
- Rice Toppings of Garlic, Lemon, Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Summer Pineapple The Queen’s Notebook @mango_queen
- Pizza Quesadillas Meal Planning Magic @mealplanmom
- Sesame Noodles Cupcakes and Kale Chips @CupcakeKaleChip
- Lasagna Parcels with Turkey Meat Sauce Small Wallet Big Appetite @wallet_appetite
- Grilled Chicken Pita Sandwich Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again @shlylais
- Grilled Breakfast Pizza & Sauteed Corn & Spinach Grilled Pizza Momma’s Meals @mommasmeals
- Sauteed Corn, Spinach, Bacon and scallions! Mama’s Blissful Bites @mamapoolecooks
- Thai Style Sesame Glass Noodle My Trials in the Kitchen @seetfei
- Caramelized Onion & Flank Steak Quesadilla In The Kitchen with KP @InTheKitchenKP
- Teriyaki Skewers Real Best Recipe @realbestrecipe
- Skillet Spinach Corn with Edamame Cilantro & Bacon Bits Sue’s Nutrition Buzz @ssunithi
- Pulled Pork with Papa Mike’s Cole Slaw In the Kitchen with Audrey @audreysmamma
- Sauteed Corn, Spinach Bacon and Scallions That Skinny Chick Can Bake @thatskinnychick
- Arroz con Pollo Portuguese Style Family Foodie @familyfoodie
- Fudgy One Pot Brownies Mrs. Mama Hen @MrsMamaHen
- Simple Vanilla Cupcakes Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks @HezziD
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares Chocolate Moosey @chocolatemoosey
- Butterscotch-Bacon Apple cookies What Smells So Good? @jo_jo_ba
Wine pairing Wine Everyday @wineeveryday
Connect with Katie Workman, Author of The Mom 100 Cookbook:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/katieworkman100
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/katieworkman100
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/katieworkman100
- Website: www.themom100.com
- Buy The Mom 100 Cookbook
- Lightly grease a 9-inch square pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar, powdered sugar, peanut butter, and graham cracker crumbs until well-combined (it may still be a bit crumbly). Press the peanut butter layer into the pan as evenly as possible.
- Boil water in a medium saucepan. When the water is boiling, place a heatproof bowl on top. Add the chocolate chips and butter and melt, stirring frequently. Remove the bowl from the heat and evenly spread it on top of the peanut butter layer. Top with peanuts. Cover with plastic wrap (don't let it touch the chocolate layer. Use toothpicks if necessary) and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Cut into squares before serving.
Source: The Mom 100 Cookbook