A luscious, comforting drink of Cadbury Creme Egg Hot Chocolate that turns the best Easter candy ever into a drinkable form. Made by melting creme eggs!
Guys, I have no idea what season it is. The calendar says spring, but I think Mother Nature is confused.
We had a weekend where it was raining to the point of the creek out front was starting to flooding, then all of a sudden the rain turned to sleet then turned to snow. There was actual snow laying on the ground moments after puddles were forming. The next day, the snow was gone.
I really hope the sunshine stays for good soon.
When the weather is crappy outside, I like to cuddle up with a hot drink. In the mornings it’s coffee but in the evenings it’s hot chocolate. And since it’s April and Cadbury creme egg season, I made Cadbury Creme Egg Hot Chocolate – your favorite hot chocolate with melted creme eggs topped with whipped cream.
How To Make Cadbury Creme Egg Hot Chocolate
If you can melt it, you can turn it into hot chocolate!
Combining creme eggs with a milkshake was successful, so why not combine creme eggs with hot chocolate?
Top it with a dollop of homemade whipped cream.
I was trying to be all fancy and garnish with a creme egg, but then the egg kept sliding off of the whipped cream. I then decided to make a mess because I’m classy like that.
Haven’t you heard of the phrase – the messier, the better? Or maybe that’s just an excuse to make myself feel better since I’m not exactly a neat person.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 creme eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk until hot but do not bring to a boil. Whisk in 2 tablespoons sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and creme eggs and heat until the chocolate melts. Whisk until everything is smooth. Pour into a mug.
- In a large bowl, beat together the whipping cream until it thickens. Gradually beat in the remaining 1 teaspoon sugar. Beat until thick and stiff peaks form (when you pull the beaters straight up, peaks will form without falling over). Pipe on top of hot chocolate.
More Recipes Using Cadbury Creme Eggs
- Cadbury Creme Egg Milkshake – You haven’t lived until you tried a creme egg milkshake!
- Cadbury Creme Egg Ice Cream – When freezing creme eggs means you can enjoy them past their season.
- Cadbury Creme Egg Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies – How can you make a chocolate chip cookie even better? Stuffing them with mini creme eggs.