It’s not very often I have people visit other than my parents. Either everyone is busy with their families or nobody is willing to drive out to see me. A group of us girls at work were finally getting together to watch Magic Mike, which we missed when it was at the theater. Since I don’t have any family distractions, I offered to have it at my place, which is pretty spacious for an apartment. Everybody brought food, and of course I offered to make dessert, which was this Gingerbread Marshmallow Cheesecake Dip.
Just as the name sounds, it is a cheesecake dip with gingerbread marshmallows mixed in. Coming up with an idea for dessert was pretty hard. One person isn’t a chocolate fan. Another hates coconut. Someone is allergic to pineapple. Oy. Fortunately, I knew everyone loved cheesecake and gingerbread, so this cheesecake dip was a safe bet. Plus it takes little prep time, so more time to clean and decorate the apartment.
I got the idea from my coworker. She brought in Gingersnap Dip one day for lunch, which I renamed to reflect the gingerbread marshmallows I used. The color of the marshmallows does get a little unappealing after a day or two, but just close your eyes and focus on the creaminess with holiday spice mixed it.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp clove
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup gingerbread marshmallows, chopped
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and 1 cup powdered sugar. Beat in the cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, allspice, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the whipping cream until it starts to thicken. Gradually add the 1 tsp powdered sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form (when you pull the beaters straight up, peaks should form and not fall over). Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture then fold in the marshmallows. Chill at least one hour or overnight. Serve with gingersnap cookies or graham crackers.
Like this recipe? You may also like these recipes from other bloggers:
- Gingerbread Dip from The Spiffy Cookie
- Monster Cookie Dough Dip from The Girl Who Ate Everything
- Brownie Batter Dip from Chef In Training