Hope everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving! I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to hear Christmas music until Thanksgiving has come and gone. Every Sunday after Thanksgiving, I help put up my parents’ Christmas decorations and watch Murray claim ownership of the tree skirt and attempt to fit inside Baby Jesus’ manger. Another Christmas tradition is
What are spritz cookies, you ask? Spritz cookies are those pretty shaped cookies you often see on cookie trays. You have a special tool called a cookie press that pushes the dough through stencils to make different shapes. You can easily knock out a few dozen spritz cookies in just a few minutes, so they are ideal to make when you need lots of cookies.
What I love about these cinnamon spritz cookies is they are melt-in-your-mouth buttery goodness spiced with cinnamon. Not to mention the caramel kiss that oozes out over top when you take a bite.
I am sad to announce that this is the first and last time I’ll be making these cinnamon spritz cookies. You see, I managed to get two dozen in the oven. When I was using the last bit of dough, my cookie press got stuck. After trying to get the dough out, it snapped apart. I thought, ok I’ll just snap it back together. Unfortunately, a piece of plastic was laying on the counter, and the press did not stay together. Boo hiss. I got it as a gift a few years ago, so I’m going to see what the warranty is. Since I don’t have a receipt, I’m not sure what the company would do for me.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 30 Caramel Hershey's Kisses
- Preheat oven to 375F. Have 3 ungreased cookie sheets ready*. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, yolk, and vanilla until creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Gradually beat in the flour mixture until well mixed, about 1-2 minutes.
- Prepare cookie press with desired stencil then fill with dough**. Press cookies about 1 inch apart onto each cookie sheet. Bake until edges are lightly browned, about 8-11 minutes. Immediately place an unwrapped kiss in the center of each cookie and gently press down to attach. Remove cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Source: Adapted from Land O’ Lakes 5th Annual Holiday Cookies Cookbook
As I said earlier, I am giving away one Hershey’s #CookieHQ Baking Prize Pack, which include the following:
· 1 Hershey’s®Cookie Headquarter Apron
· 1 pkg. Hershey’s® Baking Melts Chocolates
· ;1 pkg. Hershey’s® Bits ‘o’ Brickle® Toffee Chips
· 1 pkg. Hershey’s® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
· ;1 pkg. Hershey’s® Kisses® Chocolates
· ;1 canister Hershey’s® Cocoa
· ;1 set of recipe cards featuring the core Hershey’s® holiday recipes
The giveaway is now closed. Ruta was the winner.
Disclaimer: I was given two Hershey’s Baking Prize Packs, one to bake with and one to give away. I was not further compensated for this post. All opinions and photographs are mine.