Happy Saturday! Today is not a recipe but rather my random (sometimes non-food) thoughts with you as well as highlight posts from other super-talented bloggers. This isn’t anything new in the blogging world; I see bloggers do similar posts all the time and thought it would be a great idea to share more about me as well as share what’s going on in the rest of the blogging world. Some posts will have only a few thoughts. Others will have a novel. Some will have recipes I’ve tried. Others may have new blogs I’ve discovered. I haven’t decided how often I’m doing this new series, whether it’d be weekly, monthly, maybe every other week. Some days just scream louder than others.
1. Is it me or has JC Penney’s clothes gotten uglier (not to mention pricier?) I had a $10 coupon to use but couldn’t find anything I wanted. I gave it to my parents who ended up getting a blanket with it for $4.
2. At Walmart, I spotted White Chocolate Carrot Cake M&Ms. Ok I’m pretty adventurous and love seasonal candy, but this one may be a little too much for me. Has anyone tried them yet? Should I break down and buy a bag? I wouldn’t mind trying them, but I’d hate to buy a bag and not like it.
3. This past Monday marked one month since we said goodbye to Murray. I feel like it’s been forever ago, yet I can remember that day like yesterday. How has it been a month already?
4. I wish St. Patrick’s Day and Easter weren’t in the same month. I feel rushed with both holidays. What about poor April? It is now holidayless.
5. My Cadbury Creme Egg Milkshake was featured on the Cadbury Creme Egg Facebook page. Not only have tons and tons people been checking it out, my one coworker told other coworkers about it. Now we are having a Cadbury Creme Egg Milkshake Party at lunch on Tuesday (and by we, I mean the little group of us that have lunch together, not the whole building).
6. The funny part about my coworkers learning about my milkshake being featured is they asked if I got paid for it. See? Even non-bloggers understand that companies should stop taking advantage of “free work” and pay compensation, which leads me to this graphic that Captured and Shot posted on Facebook.
7. Kate Voegele is my favorite singer of all time, and I keep playing her song “Ship In The Dock” on repeat (click here to listen on YouTube), more specifically this part of the song (ignore the photograph line – that’s not really relevant):
The wind’s picking up and I’m looking above for a sign
Your photograph hanging a moment just clinging to life
But I’ve seen the top of those trees on the opposite side
And if the grass isn’t greener
Then I’ll know at least that I tried
Cause I won’t let myself live in this world of what ifs
But it don’t get much harder than this
Well now I’m so afraid to be ready to change all these locks
To disconnect the dots
And I just can’t take the pain
Although make no mistake
Cause it’s time I untied all the knots
Cause if there’s one thing I know that I’m not
Well that’s a ship in the dock
8. The Cherry Blossom Festival in DC is quickly approaching. My friend and I are hoping to make it for the bloom. Two years ago, we were too late. Last year, we were on time but it rained. Third time’s a charm, right? And hopefully this time, Starbucks won’t kick us out at 2 pm (who closes at 2 pm on a Saturday??).
9. I reached 2,000 likes on Facebook! Thank you for your love and support. To celebrate, I’m having a Smores Party. Just stop by my Facebook page (like it if you haven’t yet) and share on my wall your favorite smores recipe. I will share them when I can (can’t share on my iphone too easily).
Recipes I Bookmarked:
- Crispy Treat Bark from Overtime Cook
- Homemade Cherry Mash Candy from Juanita’s Cocina
- Spanakopita Stuffed Chicken Breasts from I Am Honey Bee
- Espresso Brownies from Savory Simple
- Oven “Fried” Goat Cheese from Hungry Couple
- Lucky Leprechaun Bars from Couponing and Cooking
- Irish Cream White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta from Daily Dish Recipes
- Nutella and Toasted Pecan Sweet Rolls from The Messy Baker
- Mocha Cinnamon Pots De Creme from Crumb
- Shanghai Style Fried Calamari from Souffle Bombay
Recipes I Made and Recommend: