For the past few years, Hershey has been making kisses with different fillings – cherry, mint, candy cane, caramel, pumpkin spice, raspberry, orange, Irish cream, and probably a few more I missed. They are fun to bake with because of the different flavors. I made these Cherry Cordial Blossom Cookies one year before I saw the cherry kisses. I said next time, I will buy those kisses and make these cookies. Well I did, several times in fact. When I was looking up the recipe this year, I decided to check the date. I posted the recipe in 2008. Three years ago!! I think it’s time for me to reshare this recipe.
Update – This post was last updated on 11/10/12 with better photos, new name, and slightly adjusted recipe.
I make these Cherry Cordial Blossom Cookies every year. I will admit the cookie part without the cherry pieces is a little…bland. The kisses really bring it together. Make sure there are enough cherry chunks in each ball when you roll them.
Photo from 2011
Photo from 2008
Photo from 2012
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp maraschino cherry juice
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- 12 Hershey’s Cherry Cordial Creme Kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line one cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the sugar, butter, juice, and almond extract. It will look curdled – keep going. Mix in flour and salt. Stir in chopped cherries.
- Divide the dough into 12, roll into balls, and place on the cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are set. Immediately top each cookie with a kiss, pressing down firmly to flatten out cookies. Remove to cooling rack.