Escape to paradise with Frozen Mango Margaritas made with coconut milk and a salted coconut rim. Both tequila and virgin margarita recipes included so everyone can enjoy.
You’re probably tired of hearing this, but I’m so over winter.
I’m over the negative degrees wind chill and my chapped face. I’m over brushing the snow off of my car and soaking wet boots. I’m over the freezing rain and flood warnings.
I know I live in western PA, but I’m ready for spring. At least it’s finally warming up again. Thank freaking goodness.
When I find myself grumpy over the weather, I like to escape through food (after all, I am a food blogger!).
Take these Frozen Mango Margaritas with coconut milk for example. I don’t think you can get any further away from winter than with mangos and coconut.
Even though I’m a beer girl, I do enjoy a good tequila margarita (or mocktail if it’s non-alcoholic).
Mango is one of my favorite fruits, so I blended it along with some tequila, coconut milk, and lime juice.
These mango margaritas are frozen thanks to the chilled mango. I personally hate ice cubes in my drinks, so I skipped the crushed ice.
Whether you’re making them for cinco de mayo or to escape the nasty weather, these Frozen Mango Margaritas will do the trick.
What makes a margarita a margarita?
A margarita is a cocktail with tequila, orange liqueur (usually Triple Sec), and lime juice served in a special margarita glass with salt on the rim (although you can also serve it in a regular glass).
Although margaritas are typically made with lime, you can use lemon juice like with my Watermelon Margaritas.
How To Make A Virgin Mango Margarita
To make a virgin mango margarita, substitute lemon lime soda for the tequila and Triple Sec. It adds both flavor and carbonation.
Most of the time when I’m invited for drinks, I usually drive myself or end up being the designated driver. It makes me sad when a non alcoholic margarita option isn’t available.
Why miss out on all the fun with boring water or pop?
How To Cut A Mango
Can I confess something? I *finally* conquered cutting a mango the proper way.
Every time I try, I end up not doing so well (although with fresh mango margaritas, you don’t have to worry too much about knife cuts as they get blended anyway).
Here’s a handy guide with step by step photos on how to cut a mango.
How To Make Mango Margaritas
To make frozen mango margaritas, first you’ll need a blender powerful enough to crush frozen mango or ice.
Add your mango, tequila, triple sec, coconut milk, lime juice, and sugar to your blender then blend until smooth.
Next, combine the shredded coconut and sea salt then place on a plate.
If you can’t find finely shredded, pulse regular shredded coconut in a food processor a few times (or chop it up finely with a knife).
Run a lime slice around the rim of one margarita glass then roll the rim in the coconut salt mixture.
Fill each glass with your mango margarita and garnish with a lime slice.
How To Make Frozen Mango Margaritas
Margaritas can be served as liquid like a regular cocktail or frozen like a slushie.
I’m not a big fan of ice in my drinks, so for my frozen mango margarita recipe for two I opted to freeze fresh mango cubes before blending.
You can also buy frozen mango chunks from the store to help save on prep time.
If you don’t have time to freeze your mango, add crushed ice to your blender.
How To Use Canned Coconut Milk
To make mango coconut margaritas, I used canned coconut milk. Make sure you give it a good shake and stir together before using.
Sometimes the solid and liquid are separate in the can, so you want to stir everything together and make sure it’s all liquid before measuring, just like regular milk.
What To Serve With Mango Margaritas
More Margarita Recipes
Enjoyed this mango margarita? You’ll also like these recipes:
- 1 fresh mango, cubed and frozen for at least 30 minutes (roughly 2 cups) (or add 1/2 cup crushed ice if not frozen)
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) tequila (or lemon lime soda for non alcoholic)
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) triple sec (or more lemon lime soda)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk* (see Note before measuring)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (roughly 2-3 limes)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded coconut**
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 lime slices
- Add the mango, alcohol or soda, coconut milk, lime juice, and sugar to a blender. Blend until completely smooth.
- Combine the shredded coconut and sea salt then place on a plate. Run a lime slice around the rim of one margarita glass then roll the rim in the coconut salt mixture. Repeat with the other glass.
- Fill each glass with the margarita and garnish with lime.
- *To measure canned coconut milk: Shake the can well then open and add to a bowl. Stir the solid and liquid together until smooth and pourable. Measure 1/2 cup then save the rest for future use. Check out my recipes using coconut milk for ideas.
- **If you can’t find finely shredded coconut, pulse regular shredded coconut in a food processor a few times or chop it up finely with a knife.
- Want more margarita recipes? Check out my Watermelon Margaritas, Creamsicle Margaritas, and Margarita Popsicles.