Small Batch Mini Snickerdoodle Cheesecakes, which is creamy cinnamon cheesecake in cupcake form with a snickerdoodle cookie crust, will disappear very quickly at your next get-together.
What do you do with leftover cookies?
I know, you’re probably thinking “leftover cookies?!” but last week when I posted about my Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars, my first batch didn’t turn out as planned.
I first started out with a 13×9 pan, but the pan was too big, resulting in super thin bars.
Without wanting to throw that batch away, I thought about making a cookie crust.
I’ve used Oreos and gingersnap cookies for a crust; why not snickerdoodles?
Ok so what dessert uses a crust? Cheesecake!
And that’s how these Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Cupcakes were born. Individual cheesecakes to share with everyone (or to stash away extras for later).
Just when you think I’ve made every version of cheesecake out there, I’ve never made cheesecake in cupcake form before.
It’s quite brilliant, actually.
Now that it’s October, there are plenty of friends and family gathering around food, whether it’s for tailgating parties, school activities, or even holiday parties as we head into November and December.
Cheesecake cupcakes are a great way to serve cheesecake to a large crowd without having to slice a whole cheesecake.
Want to make homemade snickerdoodle crumbs? Check out my Small Batch Snickerdoodle Cookies.
Even if you have no intention of making these for a large crowd, they are great to make at home too.
People have told me they don’t like to make a big cheesecake because they don’t want the top to crack.
These mini cheesecakes won’t crack plus there is no water bath involved.
The hardest part is deciding how to eat one. Pick it up like a cupcake or be elegant and use a spoon.
Either way, you’re not going to be able to resist.
- 3/4 cup snickerdoodle cookie crumbs or graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces full-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar + 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon mixed together
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a muffin pan with 6 paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together the crumbs and melted butter until moistened and clumpy. Press roughly 1 tablespoon into the bottom of each paper liner and bake 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in the egg then beat in the cinnamon and vanilla.
- Spoon the batter into each liner and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake 22-25 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely at room temperature then chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
Source: Adapted from Cooking Classy
If you liked these Mini Snickerdoodle Cheesecakes, you may also like these recipes: