I bought zucchinis from a farmer yesterday, so I decided today after an early work shift (9:15 – 3), I would cook dinner. This recipe was very easy to make. I adjusted all of the ingredients, so I guess you can say I made up another recipe. My dad put leftover cucumber sauce on top, and it tasted great. This makes an excellent dinner for vegetarians or for those who just don’t want to eat meat.
- 3 zucchinis
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dillweed
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Cook zucchini in boiling water for 3 minutes; drain. This will soften the zucchinis so it’ll be easy to cut and scoop. Once they are cool enough to touch, cut each one in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds; discard seeds. Place zucchini boats into 2 13×9 pans (cookie sheets would work too). Preheat oven to 350F
- Toss together mushrooms, tomatoes, and olives. Place evenly into each boat.
- Melt butter in microwave. Add garlic and sesame seeds. Spoon evenly on top of each boat. Bake for 35 minutes. Zucchini should fall easily off a fork.
- While the boats are baking, combine yogurt, cucumbers, garlic powder, dillweed, and lemon juice. Let chill. Serve on top of warm zucchini boats.