I found this recipe for Greek Chicken Salad with Cucumber Dressing from my local grocery store’s free magazine. It seemed like something I could easily make for one person. I must admit I did go out and buy skewers because of this, but I figured I would use the skewers more than once anyway. I have the space, so I’m thinking about investing in an outdoor grill. Might be a good time because grills are going clearance soon.
This is chicken marinated for 30 minutes then either grilled or broiled. You make a quick cucumber yogurt sauce and serve on lettuce. I hate iceberg lettuce because there’s no flavor and no nutrients, so I served it on spinach. This recipe is pretty easy I think. It takes a little time mainly because of marinating the chicken, but you could probably marinade ahead of time and freeze it. The dressing takes a few minutes to chop and mix. Any leftover dressing you can use for future salads.
Greek Chicken Salad With Cucumber Dressing
Author: Carla Cardello (www.chocolatemoosey.com)
Serves: 2 servings
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Half cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp dried parsley
Spinach, for serving
- In a bowl, combine oil, juice, garlic, and rosemary. Add chicken pieces, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Thread chicken pieces onto skewers. Grill/broil for 8 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, mix together cucumber, yogurt, and parsley. Toss finished chicken pieces with spinach and top with cucumber dressing.